Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) London
Second place is the first loser
Search engine use is a major and obvious traffic generator. Our SEO consultants in London can help you to get the right strategy to suit your website in order to stay ahead of the competition by getting more visits, conversions, repeat visits and recommendations.
Achieving high rankings in the search engines involves the following:
- User-friendly web-design that is geared towards keeping people on the site and enables them to easily locate the content / page they were interested in (it is therefore key that the same agency that provides your SEO service has close ties with the agency that builds your website!)
- Fresh, unique content that is engaging and can easily be shared
- Image / video heavy
- Links from other relevant, high quality websites
- Signals from important social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, YouTube etc.
All of the tasks and activities that dot search recommend for SEO are designed with the above in mind.
On-Page SEO Consultants for London
For each of the keywords that are selected, Up Your Rank SEO will choose a target URL and provide on-page SEO updates to ensure that each page is optimised; we will implement these changes directly on the site via your CMS.
These changes will cover off the following elements:
- Page titles
- Meta descriptions
- Headings (h1, h2 etc.)
- Image ALT text
- Cross linking with relevant pages
- Minor copy updates (to include target keyword and variations, synonyms in the copy)
SEO Friendly Site Build
If you’re having your website built with us or another agency we will work closely with the project manager in charge of the web build to ensure that the structure is SEO compliant; this will mean that the following considerations are made:
- Primary navigation that can easily be followed by search engine spiders
- Secondary navigation aids such as breadcrumbs and side-bar / footer links
- Page templates which include all important HTML tags and that each of these can be independently edited via the CMS (titles, meta descriptions, h1 headings, sub-headings, copy etc.)
- SEO and user friendly page URLs (not too long, avoiding the use of query strings, some consideration of keywords without stuffing)
- Clear call to action buttons and forms
- Optimised sales funnel
- Cross browser compatibility testing
- An area of the site dedicated to hosting fresh content such as a blog
- Integration with social channels
SEO Keyword Research
This phase involves identifying a set of keywords (or phrases) that people are likely to enter into the search engines when looking for your products and services. We use various tools to estimate the number of people who search for any given keyword each month so that we can estimate how much traffic each keyword is likely to drive to your website.
Up Your Rank will also review the amount of competition, that is the number of other pages that are trying to rank for each keyword. Knowing this, helps us to price up an SEO campaign, as the more competitive a keyword is the more SEO work will be required in order to rank top.
SEO Competitor Audit
The first step to any SEO campaign is a competitor audit. This will involve reviewing the SEO strategies of the main competitors in your sector. The aim of this is to evaluate link building techniques, on-site SEO and any social activity so that we can get an idea of what work we will need to do in order to beat these sites.
In order to attract social signals and keep your website up to date with fresh content, Up Your Rank can write blog posts or work with your own internal teams to help them produce posts. These can be a mix of standard, short news type pieces and periodic “feature” pieces that have the potential to be viral.
The specification for the feature posts is as follows:
- Longer than a standard blog post (approximately 500 words)
- A minimum of 3 engaging images or embedded videos per article
- Very few internal links (often none); some (no more than 2) external links if considered useful to the user (this helps encourage sharing)
- Low keyword density (- 5%) with more focus around keyword synonyms and variations
- Content is relevant to host site in order to make the links seem natural. However, viral quality articles require a “viral hook”.
Call 0207 654 8675 or email us to find out how the Up Your Rank approach to Search Marketing delivers you better results.